Divorce is a devastating and life-changing event for a person, especially when it’s about splitting children, assets, materials or property. More often, there are children involved in a divorce. If you are considering to file a divorce with your partner, hiring a divorce attorney San Diego can be one the best decisions you would ever make in such a tough situation.
A divorce lawyer San Diego ensures that the divorce case is handled peaceful and your legal rights/best interests are protected fully.
Whether your spouse wants to go to the court to file a divorce or not, you must hire an affordable divorce attorney San Diego for the first course of action against your ex-husband or ex-wife.
Divorces and family matters are very complex. Only best and affordable family lawyers in San Diego have experience with divorce settlements, mediation, and divorce litigations. They are skillful enough to handle discreet and contentious family matters in the court. If you are a woman considering to file a divorce, it is best to consult and hire women divorce attorney San Diego for all the legal and emotional support.
The Basics of State’s Divorce Laws: San Diego, California
- The divorce laws of San Diego states that before filing a divorce, you must be a resident of the country, San Diego for 3 months and must be a resident of California for at least 6 months. If you have not completed this time span and want to dissolve your marriage, consult your divorce lawyer San Diego for further case progression.
- Under the San Diego divorce law, you can only get a divorce if you have irreconcilable differences.
- Moreover, all your marital property would be divided into you and your spouse. To handle this best in the best way, considering hiring a divorce attorney San Diego.
- If you have children under that marriage, you would need the help of a lawyer to consider child support and custody.
- The court’s decision would be based on what’s best for the child. To make the case in your favor, you need a skillful lawyer to represent your case.
- When it comes to the amount to support the child, the court will decide after looking into each parent’s net monthly income.
What Questions to Consult from A Divorce Attorney in San Diego, California?
To determine if a lawyer is a good fit for you, here are some questions. Obviously, these questions are not the only ones that you should ask but if at the initial point, the following questions are the best to ask:
Do You Only Handle Divorce and Family Law Cases?
The most important question to ask from a lawyer is about his areas of practice. The more the areas, the less he and his staff would be in the divorce cases.
Divorce attorneys are more focused on family and contentious divorce matters. By their knowledge and skills, you could even win your child’s custody.
How Many Years Have You Been Practicing Divorce and Family Law?
Years of practice usually do not determine the lawyer’s dedication towards divorce cases. Whereas, the litigation experience can determine how much of a good divorce lawyer he is.
You need a lawyer who is familiar with court hearings, motion, paperwork, law, and discovery, that is the formal requests for information. Most of the divorce cases end up in courts. You need one with the most courtroom and litigation experience.
Who Will Handle My Case and How Will My Tasks Be Delegated?
You might think that these are two questions but in reality, it is just one. It is important for you to know who will, among your lawyer’s staff, would handle your case.
If you are considering a solo practitioner, it has its advantages and disadvantages both. For instance, he would be the only one to represent you in court and would study your case closely. But you would not be able to communicate with him as he would disappear in thin air to represent cases of other clients too.
How Specifically Will I Be Charged?
If the attorney cannot answer this to you, given you have a complex case, the net fees to hiring a divorce attorney San Diego is expected to exceed $1000.
Keep following to learn more.