Accidents that involve 18-wheelers or commonly known as semi-trucks have a devastating effect on your life. If you have been injured in a semi-truck accident, there is a high probability that the injuries are severe and would drain you emotionally as well as financially. The emotional trauma, property/vehicle damage, and growing medical debt could leave you confusing and overwhelmed during the recovery time.
You have full rights to file a compensation claim against the truck’s driver or the truck’s company to get the money you deserve. The quick way of obtaining your compensation claim to pay off the medical debts and cover lost wages is to hire a semi-truck accident lawyer.
In the majority of semi-truck accidents, the victim is always the one in the car. If you are one of the accident victims, consult a semi-truck accident attorney to help you with the legal process while you recover from the after-accident trauma.
If all the wreck was not your fault and you feel like as if you have suffered injustice, you could find some of the best semi-truck accident lawyers to understand your demands and give you the legal advice you have asked for.
Finding A Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer to Fight Your Case in The Court
The semi-truck accident attorney’s role is not limited to just representing you in the accident litigation. There are other services that a truck accident attorney could offer you, like:
- Visit you at the hospital or your home right after the accident.
- Gather witnesses and evidence against the at-fault party or parties to present in the court.
- Identifying and finding the people who are negligent enough to cause you severe injuries on the road.
- Determine the amount of compensation that you are entitled to claim for.
- Preparing and filing all the paperwork.
- Get in touch with the at-fault party’s insurance company to start with the negotiations.
- Filing your lawsuit in the court if required.
- Working dedicatedly for your case so that you could get the highest possible settlement for your loss.
Identifying Fault and Cause in Semi-Truck Accidents
When you are involved in a truck accident, there’s a high chance that more than one party is involved. Usually, semi-truck accidents are complex because the truck company, truck’s manufacturer and supplier’s company, all are involved. That is why it is a bit difficult to find who is to be liable or held accountable for your financial and emotional loss. But with an experienced and competent truck accident lawyer, you can identify the at-fault parties and put their names in your claim.
Reasons to File A Semi-Truck Accident
Here are some potential reasons to file a semi-truck accident:
- Inadequate training of the truck driver.
- Trucks hurrying at unrealistic time schedules.
- Unsecured load or cargo.
- Reckless driving.
- Driving while intoxicated.
- Drowsy driving.
- Dangerous or under-construction roads.
Semi-truck lawyers are at clients’ disposal to ensure that their clients’ rights are protected and they get the rightfully deserved compensation claim for the pain, suffering and financial loss they had to bear.